Conference proceedings and Abstract Book!
The European Conference on X-Ray Spectrometry (EXRS) is a biennial conference series which started in G�teborg (1984, 1986) and continued in Vienna, Antwerp, Myconos, Budapest, Lisbon, Bologna, Krakow, Berlin, Alguero, Paris and the last one in Dubrovnik.
The conference is devoted to the exchange of emerging and inventive X-ray spectrometry techniques and related areas, as well as to their important applications.
In 2010, the European Conference on X-Ray Spectrometry will take place from 20th - 25th June in the sunny �Silver Coast� region of Portugal, in the resort Figueira da Foz, elected the �Queen of the Beaches�, due to its 15 km of sandy beach. Figueira da Foz is just 40 km away from Coimbra, a historical city that hosts one of the oldest universities of Europe, together with Bologna and Santiago de Compostela, more than 700 years old.
The EXRS2010 conference will be held in the "CAE-Centro de Artes e Espect�culos da Figueira da Foz", a modern Conference Hall with pleasant, ample space, including an inner garden with glazed roof (CAE).
The complete address is Rua Abade Pedro, 3080-084 Figueira da Foz, Portugal.
As in previous meetings, the main topics will be:
- Interactions of X-rays with matter and fundamental parameters;
- X-ray sources, optics and detectors;
- Quantification methodology;
- TXRF, GIXRF and related techniques;
- Microbeam techniques;
- Mobile and portable XRF;
- Synchrotron XRS;
- PIXE and electron induced XRS;
- Recent Scientific Developments by XRS Instrumentation Manufacturers;
- X-ray imaging and tomography;
- High resolution X-ray absorption and emission spectroscopy;
- XRS Applications:
- Advanced materials and nanoscience;
- Art and Cultural Heritage;
- Earth and environment sciences;
- Industrial quality and process control;
- Life sciences and forensics;
The program will consist of invited lectures, oral presentations, poster contributions and will include an industrial exhibition.
Scientists, engineers and exhibitors are invited to join the conference and share not only work and results but also their valuable experience, contributing to the enrichment of the international community.
The Organizing Committees